Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Don't Rock The Boat

DON'T ROCK THE BOAT


You stole my heart 
right from the start

Then after my soul
became your goal

Finally big love is back again
After 16 yrs and hope wore thin

I saw a heart shaped cloud for the 2nd time
But like smoke it vanished before it was mine

Once I cussed like a sailor too
And gossiped till my face was blue

I did things I swore I would never do
Become all I hate and never wanted to

But I changed all that and you can as well
If you want to be in my life only time will tell

Don't rock the boat or I rather throw our love away
Then live in abuse by word, thought or deed today

Don't play manipulative childish games with me
Like threaten or intimidate others to do or to be

I know all the tricks and I know that one too
How selfish and childish that was of you

Yes, I love you more than I've ever loved any man
Love means nothing if abuse in the shadows ran

I would rather be alone for a million more years 
than to cry domestic violence tears

Emotional wounds hurt the most
And take longer to heal some boast

Words and actions are part of our deeds
Make them sweet so you too will feed

On kindness and health as the harvest you've sown
We always reap even if we have not known

Our deeds of kindness always come back to us
God pays back HIS people without a fuss

Love those whom HE gives you in this life
Make their happiness your goal as your husband or wife

KIMI 
JUNE 1, 2016
an Iraqi Vet. Inspired this poem


No comments:

Post a Comment